Which is your best practice?

Stasha

Sep 28, 2021
Hello,

I am wondering if anyone out there wants to share their best practice about image SEO? Especially, I am interested in image optimization and how to make them responsive, so when the user previews the website on the desktop, see the image in one resolution and size but when it previews the website on mobile everything changes for that device. I am a user of the ImageKit service but my Core Web Vitals score increased from 0.30 to 0.86 when I turned on their plugin. Maybe that is not connected but still, the change happened and I must go for the solution to serve responsive and optimized images. If you have any suggestions about services out there, I will be grateful for recommendations, e.g. ShortPixel, Imagefy, EWWW Image Optimizer, and so on.

Bouzin

Oct 3, 2021
Hi,

I advise to use EWWW (y) because it has the cache plugin included (SWIS Performance) with the CDN (Easy Image Optimizer) or if you use Imagefy you have to use it with their cache plugin (wp-rocket) and CDN (RocketCDN) Rocket and fast but expensive.

but a good way to gain performance in addition to CDN and cache and remove unnecessary plugins.

For ShortPixel I prefer their local optimization I did not find the CNAME like EWWW and there is no cache system (the cache system with minification and important) and I like that it is the same company that manages both because there are quickly problems with the cache and the images that do not appear.

it can be interesting to clean the database but make a backup before.

I hope this helps you
greetings

Last edited:
Reactions: jaybillion

Stasha

Sep 28, 2021
Hey Bouzin,

I am very grateful to you for this valuable information. Now, I'm a little sorry I missed the EWWW AppSumo cheap version of the deal. It is now available for 99$. I believed one comment that there was no significant change in optimization, and as the overall impression was lacking from others, I was not decisive at that moment. I use Squoosh for pre-upload optimization and I am satisfied with how it works because it is simple and effective.

Again, I am very grateful to you for all the information provided. It helps me a lot. I will try to make my combination. :)

Hope to hear from you sometime.