Staging website

Stasha

Sep 28, 2021
Hello there,

I need some help and advice, or just suggestions. A staging website is what I want to create with the Plesk Toolkit. I didn't clone the live site jet, so this is the pre-action question.

How to check are all my links absolute or relative? I am afraid to sync because of the potential mess up of the links, as it happened here.

Also, I would like to know the best practice with this. Is it better and safer to first update and upgrade on staging and then, if all goes right, repeat the same on the live website?
Double job, but I managed three websites, and if that can save my time from fixing the messed-up links, I agree to do it twice.

I don't have any experience with staging websites because I do all on the local and then migrate all to the hosting. If you spend some time informing me about your best practices in working in a staging environment, I will be grateful. I watched the Rootpal videos about setting up the staging sites, but I would like to know how to manage everything with the best experience.

I will appreciate any solution. Thanks for your time and effort.